Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

I have done some fun cooking lately with company, but nothing I felt was picture worthy. I have eaten more Grilled Cheese than I would like to admit and even converted some friends to it. Holy yum!
For New Year's I never make a resolution. I figure if I am going to make a change in my life jan1st is not the greatest motivator for me. So, my husband and I have both come up with something that we want to change and better our health with. He has given up soda for the whole year! He is already a week in and resisted quite a few temptations. I have decided to give up eating out of any kind. No Fast Food, No restaurants! This is a HUGE deal for me since I love to eat out. However, it is not good for me and hopefully with motivate me to be more creative at home.
I was making my recipe list for this week and am excited for a couple recipes but still looking for a challenge.
I made a super yummy recipe this week with a new pasta I discovered called Gemelli. This stuff is fabulous! I am pretty picky about my pasta and this stuff is just perfect. The recipe itself is pretty easy and the homemade sauce was perfect. I don't think I'll ever buy Alfredo again after making this. You can find the recipe here. I love Pam's site and her pictures are beautiful. I would like to work on my presentation of my dishes, but with only my cell phone camera it is a bit hard. Until then, I will envy Pam's beautiful food.
I need to figure out a schedule to get my butt on the treadmill. Once I do that I will post it.

No comments: