Saturday, February 18, 2012

Baked Chicken Wrap

Tonight's dinner was amazing! Last minute and more thrown together than anything. I guess I'll call them Baked Chicken wraps because, well, that's what they are. Here is what i did.


Baked Chicken Wraps
3 cups Shredded Chicken (I used 2 cans, drained)
1 yellow onion diced
2 cups shredded Monterrey or Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup cilantro (you could use green onions too)
1/2 tsp Corriander
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2-1 tsp Salt (too taste)
1/2-1 tsp Cracked pepper (too taste)
8 oz cream cheese, softened
Olive Oil
Tortillas (I used a couple different ones, Spinach, Blue Corn, and Chipotle)

Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix together chicken, onion, cheese, cilantro, and spices. Spray a cooking pan with non-stick spray. *I use Olive Oil instead* Spoon chicken mixture into the tortilla. Wrap up and place on the sheet seal down. Brush wraps with olive oil. Cook for 10-15 mins. Turn wraps over, brush with olive oil, and cook for an additional 8-10 mins. The cooking time will depend on your oven. You want each side to be a golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately.
I served these with sour cream and fresh avocado on the side. They were so good! My husband has requested they become a family staple item on the dinner menu. The best part is these are all ingredients I have in the house all the time. Minus the cream cheese, but I can change that. You must try these, they are amazing!

No comments: